It’s another busy period for Govanhill Chess Club, with three team events taking place over late February to mid-March 2022, plus a group coaching session with AGM Nicolas Skettos (Mon 7 Mar), and the third round of the Club Championship (Mon 14 March).
Govanhill’s line-up for upcoming events follow.
Scottish National Online Chess League – 20 Feb
In the third round of SNOCL Division Four, Govanhill will be facing East Kilbride.
Govanhill’s line-up for the games, which will be played on chess.com at the 25+10 time control at 2pm on Sun 20 Feb, is as follows:
- Faidon Filipsson (black)
- Rhys McCrosson (white)
- Graeme McKinnon (black)
- Alex Radevic (white)
- Harvey Dellanzo (black)
Results and standings will be published on the Scottish Online Chess Organisation website.
Friendly: Bearsden vs Govanhill – 1 Mar
Following our home-and-away eight board friendly with Bearsden Chess Club last year, both clubs have agreed to a rematch.
The first leg takes place in Cairns Church, Milngavie on the evening of Tue 1 March, with a 60+0 time control. The teams are as follows (Govanhill players highlighted in bold):
- Robert Dunn (white) vs Rhys McCrosson (black)
- Graeme McKinnon (white) vs Peter MacDonald (black)
- Christopher Nield (white) vs Julien Papillon (black)
- Ethan Small (white) vs Dominic Quinn (black)
- Chris Cotton (white) vs Alex Radevic (black)
- Derek Rankine (white) vs Callum McCue (black)
- Dominik Jargielo (white) vs Jegan N’Dow (black)
- Libor Masar (white) vs Andrew MacLellan (black)
- Mel Burt (white) vs James Todd (black)
This will be followed by a home leg at the end of March. All games will be graded by Chess Scotland.
Derek Rankine, Secretary, is the contact for any questions around these events: email@example.com