Govanhill Chess Club’s inaugural Club Championship will take place over the first half of 2022.
The tournament will be played over five rounds in a Swiss format (following the premise of “winners play winners” after the first round) at the 60+0 time control.
A prize will be awarded to the winner and all results will be submitted to Chess Scotland for grading.
The designated dates for each round are:
- Round 1: Mon 17 January 2022 (6:45pm start time for all rounds)
- Round 2: Mon 7 February 2022
- Round 3: Mon 14 March 2022
- Round 4: Mon 11 April 2022
- Round 5: Tue 10 May 2022
The draw for round one is as follows (white pieces named first):
- Board 1: Jass McNeill (0) vs Alex Radevic (1359)
- Board 2: Harvey Dellanzo (1338) vs Jonny Stark (0)
- Board 3: Libor Masar (0) vs Julien Papillon (1202)
- Board 4: Derek Rankine (0) vs Niall McCamley (0)
- Board 5: Rhys McCrosson (0) vs Graeme McKinnon (0)
- Board 6: Aidan Doye (0) vs Peter Mark (0)
The website will be updated with results, standings and future draws as the tournament progresses.
For any queries, please contact email@example.com.